What does God say about homosexuality
Rather not! Woman and woman, man and man
Or: What a seafood salad has to do with homosexuality
Homosexuality, gay, lesbian - these are modern terms that the Bible does not know. In Leviticus it says: "If anyone lies with a man as with a woman, it is an abomination and both should die." (Leviticus 20:13)
In the same 3rd book of Moses it is written: Eating living beings out of the water without scales and fins, for example mussels or scampi, is also an abomination. (Leviticus 11, 10) So whoever orders a Frutta di Mare platter while on holiday in Italy should die of death? Blood sausage is also one of the atrocities - bad news for the Hessian slaughterhouse! (Leviticus 19:26)
In interpreting the Bible, homosexuality has often been equated with temple prostitution, rape, or love for boys. Same-sex love has nothing to do with this, however.
The apostle Paul assumes that women and men turn to their own sex out of godlessness (Romans 1:26). Man only loves himself. That is a sin. This is how Paul understands homosexuality. A woman loves a woman. A man loves a man. Not out of self-love, but because the other is different - that does not appear in Paul's worldview.
However, the Bible recognizes strong affection between people of the same sex. So Ruth says to her mother-in-law Naomi: “Wherever you go, I want to go too. Wherever you stay, I will stay there too. ”(Ruth 1, 16) Amazingly, these words are popular today as marriage words from woman to woman for the bride and groom. David also shows strong feelings, he weeps over his deceased friend Jonathan: "Your love was more wondrous to me than love for women." What kind of love is meant remains open.
- How much of ancient Rome were slaves
- What spices should every new cook have
- How long do teenagers sleep when they are depressed
- How do I apply window stickers
- What does MWC
- Why do some husbands not value their wives?
- What is Walmart's dress code
- What is the real structure of benzene
- Is there incest in Islam
- What is your interreligious love story
- How stressful is home nursing
- Why didn't Trump go after Colbert?
- How was your tour experience in Pakistan
- Are all humans qualified to be parents?
- How did medieval Muslims see medieval Europeans
- What does social bullying mean
- What are the cons of Realme XT
- Why was slavery abolished
- How would people infiltrate criminal syndicates
- What do you love most about life
- How does coyote meat taste
- Where can I meet serious gay men
- Are professors paid more than teachers?
- What problems does Kyrgyzstan face