What should I have for dinner tonight?
Healthy eating in the evening - when to eat what
Do you know that feeling of fullness after dinner, with which you hardly want to move and only drag yourself to the sofa or bed? You cannot fall asleep particularly well with a heavy stomach. Urgent time to change your eating habits in the evening!
What is a healthy dinner?
Let's start at the optimal time! You should ideally have your dinner between 5 and 7 p.m. This gives your body enough time to metabolize the food you eat before your metabolism slowly goes into economy and sleep mode for the night. The widespread opinion that you are not allowed to eat anything after 6 p.m. or that you skip dinner altogether in order to lose weight is wrong. It all comes down to the energy balance at the end of the day. That is why the well-known saying ‘… like a beggar in the evening’ is not at all wrong.
Which dishes are suitable for the evening?
Understand body rhythm
During the day, the body needs sufficiently large portions in order to have enough energy and to remain productive. The nutrients can be easily absorbed and excess calories can be burned through exercise. A smaller portion is enough for the body in the evening. This should be many Vitamins, fiber, protein, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats contain. This supplies your body with important nutrients and saturates it. This way you won't get hungry in the course of the evening and you don't have to reach for sweets.
The perfect plate
An optimal dish consists, for example, of steamed vegetables, meat or fish and a complex source of carbohydrates. Rice, quinoa or whole wheat pasta are good options for this.
On our menu, for example, you will find many low-carb dishes made from crunchy vegetables, which you can combine with carbohydrate-containing side dishes as you wish. With the creamy mushroom pan, for example, you can choose whether you want to order the low-carb version, with rice or whole wheat pasta.
Would you prefer to eat a light soup or a fresh salad? No problem!
In any case, make sure that you include complex carbohydrates and proteins in your meal. Salads or broths fill up quickly with the high volume of water and raw vegetables, as they fill the stomach. But you will get hungry again just as quickly. That's why we always prepare our salads with lots of fresh vegetables and a source of carbohydrates. With us you will find, for example, a Greek salad with herder cheese and olives or a power salad with beans and avocado. Our soups contain, for example, lentils or sweet potatoes as a source of carbohydrates.
Influence of food on sleep
A balanced dinner also has a big impact on the quality of your sleep. The combination of carbohydrates and protein enables your body to release the happiness hormone serotonin, which the sleep hormone melatonin can send on its way. So you go to bed healthy and happy too!
Tips and summary
- Avoid rather long chain carbohydrates or do not eat too much of it. The energy from it can only be released after a few hours, i.e. in the middle of the night. This excess energy disturbs sleep and you are tired the next day.
- Simple sugar especially stimulates the appetite that you may overeat in the evening.
- Prefer in the evening vegetable instead of animal proteins. Food of animal origin is often rich in fatty acids that are difficult to digest. A grumbling, working stomach is not conducive to restful sleep.
- Food that is suitable in the evening: fruit and vegetables, dairy products (yogurt, cheese) and teas. In small quantities: cereals, meat, fish and seafood. So Proteins, Healthy Fatty Acids, and Complex Carbohydrates.
- You should be yours last meal 2h a.m. Sleepwalk have eaten.
You don't have the time or inclination to cook something yourself? No problem: let taste & soul deliver to you!
taste & soul is your delivery service for the best taste. We prepare delicious dishes for you with fresh ingredients and deliver them directly to you.
View the menu
- IPCC equals completion
- What is your health mantra
- Iranian women like black men
- Can Greece reverse its population decline?
- What can we learn from teenagers
- Why should people do difficult things
- Is considered to be short at 59 height
- What are the areas of agricultural economics
- Rabbit meat actually tastes like chicken
- What has helped you overcome cervical spondylosis?
- Can Thai people understand Vietnamese and vice versa
- What is ATS
- Enemas can have side effects
- What is the Racial Demographics of Australia
- Who is the best physical therapist in Australia
- Can a subsidiary acquire its parent company
- Why do we have breakfast at 6 p.m.
- HIV causes AIDS
- When was AT T founded
- What counts as rape in a relationship
- Is Thai a difficult language to write
- Political correctness will kill America
- Is Sacramento an exciting place to live
- Can I change my date of birth?