Which main subjects do management consultancies employ?
Information in the area of management & consulting.
Knowledge & requirements.
Which subjects are suitable?
The area of responsibility in management is broad. There is therefore no mandatory course of study to become a manager. The most common way is to study economics or business administration, i.e. business administration and economics. There is also the option of studying General Management or a Master of Business Administration (MBA) at special universities. The MBA is particularly suitable as a lateral entry for graduates who have completed a non-economics degree but have professional experience. By specializing in a particular field of study, such as personnel management, event management or health management, you can prepare for a certain industry during your studies. Another large proportion of the managers are the scientists and engineers.
The management course imparts a broad knowledge in various areas:
- Business administration
- Corporate governance
- Human Resources Management
- Business English
How important is international experience?
How important international experience actually is when starting a career in management depends immensely on the desired industry and the respective company. A stay abroad, for example during your studies, is not a basic requirement, but in most cases it is advantageous. Managers with international experience are in great demand among HR professionals, not least because of the deepening of their language skills: A stay abroad promotes your personal development and presents you with special challenges. Experience abroad promotes personal qualities and soft skills, which are essential for a manager.
Which soft skills do I need?
Each position has its own requirement profile. Which soft skills are desired depends on the professional field and company. Basically, however, there are a number of business skills that are crucial for a managerial position and that you should clearly highlight in your application. This includes:
- Communication skills & rhetoric: The ability to express yourself in a comprehensible and recipient-oriented way and thus to be able to better interpret messages from others This also includes non-verbal communication such as facial expressions, gestures and posture.
- Talented planning & organization: Organize work processes in such a way that the best results can be achieved in the shortest possible time.
- Leadership & motivational talent: The basis for optimally organizing employees and setting action in motion. This includes professional presence and charisma.
- Resilience & willingness to work: The manager's everyday life can sometimes be exhausting and demanding. However, if you are passionate about your job and show a high level of commitment, management is just right for you.
- Decision-making power: The willingness to assume the role of a decision-maker and to select procedures that will most effectively advance a company.
- Ability to work in a team: Constructive work in a team instead of stoic solo efforts is required.
- Analytical thinking: Recognize, structure and correctly interpret relationships.
- Emotional intelligence: Intuitive skills in dealing with colleagues, active listening and openness to criticism and creative perspectives in order to increase productivity.
How important is practical experience?
After studying business administration or management, it is customary to gain initial practical experience in an internship or trainee program and to set foot on the doorstep of the company.
First work experience is also a keyword when it comes to the MBA course. Since the study program particularly consists of combining theory and practice, an MBA without first practical experience does not make sense and should rather be seen as an advanced level. The MBA is aimed primarily at graduates without a business degree who want to prepare for a management position.
- Will China's economy continue to boom?
- Why shouldn't women serve in the military?
- You can change vehicle ownership online
- How can dunes be slowed down effectively
- What are some bible verses about relationships
- Why should I pronounce correctly
- Are people with thin lips bad kissers
- Europeans have Middle Eastern ancestry
- Why does Bakugou call Midoriya Deku
- What is meant by hacking wall
- When do most people wake up?
- Why are there child labor laws
- Are Australians still in the mood for white Australia?
- Harvard engineers are looked down on
- Is reading good for our thoughts?
- Have you ever fought
- Why does Australia have inferior universities
- What drives a monetary system
- What are 5 examples of multicellular organisms
- How is traditional Sudanese clothing
- What is your favorite activity in everyday life?
- Do the Vietnamese sound strange to foreigners
- What is the importance of technical training
- What is the name of the fencing sword