What is positive and negative reinforcement
In learning psychology, negative reinforcement is understood to mean the increase in the frequency of behavior when negative stimuli, such as a blow, are no longer or weaker. A negative enhancer is any stimulus that, when removed after a response, reinforces the response. Important: negative reinforcement is not the same as punishment. With the negative reinforcement So the behavior is followed by the absence of an unpleasant event (amplifier). Especially Avoidance behavior Is maintained by negative reinforcement: In dangerous situations (e.g. high buildings), avoidance behavior occurs (avoidance of high buildings) and is reinforced by the absence of anxiety states. This will prevent the fear response from being erased.
An example of this would be the parents' threat to cancel a children's party if the homework is not done. This threat is not carried out because the child is doing their homework. Further examples: learning behavior - no more rebuke from the teacher or no more constant admonitions from parents; Occurrence of nausea before an exam - the exam cannot be taken, so there is a relieving reinforcement (occurrence of nausea is intensified by the absence of an unpleasant event)
On the contrary, see the positive reinforcement.
See generally The concept of punishment and reinforcement
More pages on the topic
- Where does the term syringe come from?
- Where does the term team come from ___
- What did you see as a child
- What is it like to be a pharmacologist
- Only hires MSIL M Tech people
- What is the DMAT account
- Hiring GE freshmen
- What cultural difference ended your relationship
- Why is Moses still important today
- What is a German tradition
- What is scope in forensics
- How do drugs harm society?
- Which ATM accepts personal checks?
- What do incel think of feminists
- How do you describe a smell?
- Relations between Australia and Russia should be better
- What happens in a 3rd interview
- What are good ideas for legal dissertations
- Why do celebrities suffer from depression
- How bad is the American economy really
- Which escrow service does Elance com
- Most Quora employees are competitive programmers
- Why is heritage so important to people
- Why did Woodrow Wilson defeat Teddy Roosevelt
- What causes water bubbles on my breasts
- What makes anthropology a science
- What is branding in advertising
- How does politics affect your life?
- Why doesn't it change until you do
- Is INSEAD better than NY Business School
- Is the relationship with married men right?
- Which countries do not have an official language?
- Are all hedge fund managers rich
- Can a diaper be worn like underwear