How many Afghans speak Russian
Languages & dialects in Afghanistan: which language do Afghan refugees speak?
About 49 languages and over 200 different dialects are spoken in Afghanistan. In 1964, however, the Grand Council established Persian (Dari) and Pashto as the official national and government languages as part of the approval of a new constitution.
Interesting facts about Pashto
Pashto is from around 35-55 percent of the population of Afghanistan as mother tongue spoken. The Afghan national anthem is traditionally sung in Pashto, and military titles are also taken from the language. Nevertheless, the Pashtun language is viewed as secondary and has not yet established itself as an administrative language. All attempts by the government to raise the status of Pashto have so far failed.
Interesting facts about Dari
Dari is the one Afghan term for Persian and is the majority language in Afghanistan and is also under the name Farsi known. More than half of Afghans speak a dialect of Persian as their mother tongue. Furthermore, Persian is the language spoken in the capital Kabul and a popular lingua franca between those ethnic groups who do not speak one of the two national languages as their mother tongue.
Other languages of Afghanistan
Five minority languages have been recognized as national languages in Afghanistan since 1980. These are Uzbek, Turkmen, Baluch, Paschai and Nuristani. Also Englishspoken by large parts of the population, even after independence from the United Kingdom in 1919, Afghans still spoke English. For example, the Afghan constitution is also available in English. Most of the time, English is used in the capital Kabul and other large cities and is mainly used on posters, advertisements and institutions. Whether English should become an official language in Afghanistan is currently highly controversial.
- Singapore is facing a recession
- Are precious metals still the best investment
- What are some technological skills
- What is President Obama's salary
- Can a long distance relationship be successful
- What are the causes of cardiac arrhythmias
- How developed is Pakistan
- What are the worst classes at MIT
- Why shouldn't we use plastic?
- What is the best porridge for breakfast
- Who is the lost generation in Australia
- Why do suits only have to be dry-cleaned?
- How is population control implemented
- What do lawyers do for family law
- What is immigration
- How is anger related to depression?
- What is the CDS Age Limit
- What do inbred babies look like
- What are some British slang words
- What Happens When Puppies Eat Dog Food
- Is the Equal Pay Act fair
- Why is child abuse a problem
- What government job has a pension
- What are ENTP A.