How can a GPS be tracked
How can I locate my car?
Which location system suits me?
One thing should be said in advance: GPS tracking devices for cars are a science in themselves. If you want to find a tailor-made solution for yourself, you should get detailed information and advice both on the Internet and in specialist shops. First of all, it is important to consider what purpose the GPS tracker should fulfill. Anyone who needs tracking devices professionally in order to obtain data on the position, routes, rest times and cargo of trucks, boats and containers needs a different system than a driver who wants to find his car parked cross-country while walking in the woods or wants to protect it from theft.
In connection with the purely private use of GPS trackers, the following questions are often asked: Can I locate my car using the navigation system? Is a cell phone enough to locate? How long do the batteries of a GPS tracker last? The last question is answered quickly: the batteries of a tracking device can last up to 5 years, depending on the provider and model. The other two questions need to be elaborated further: The navigation system in the car, similar to a satellite receiver on television, only serves as a receiver. It receives the GPS data via satellite and can locate the car using the route software. However, the navigation system cannot pass this data on to the car owner. This requires a transmitter. The GPS satellite data can be sent via a GSM / GPRS module, i.e. either via a mobile phone or a direction finder / location device, to a previously defined receiver with a second mobile phone or to a location provider. If the data is sent to a location provider, the latter reports the position of the car to the car owner via whatsapp or SMS or posts the information on their web portal. Location system providers charge fees. In addition to the tracking fee, some offer additional chargeable services, such as the storage and graphic processing of data and reports on movements and downtimes of the vehicle. This route data is not only used to localize the vehicles, but also to optimize routes, which, however, makes more sense in the professional field.
Back to private use: There are also positioning systems that work without navigation or GPS, i.e. with a GSM / GPRS module, which can be both a tracking device and a mobile phone. You can order these direction finders or GPS trackers on the Internet or find instructions for localization by mobile phone - the latter is the cheaper option. In relevant forums, however, the inaccuracy of location determination by cell phones is often reported, as these report from the radio cells at time intervals and the cars - e.g. in the event of theft - sometimes have a different location only a few minutes later.
The providers of location systems also differ in their ease of use: some work via SMS and Whatsapp, others have to be viewed via web portals that are not very clear. The monthly costs of a GPS tracker vary. Some providers only charge a few cents per month for text messages, while others charge monthly fees between four and 25 euros. Others only incur a tracking fee. Tracking devices can also be rented, e.g. for a fee of around 24 euros per month.
- Koreans find black women attractive
- How should I prepare for business investors?
- Why will millennials change our world
- How was medieval France
- What are your rituals before reading tarot
- What do Australians think of Toni Collette?
- What are some good quotes about sex
- How many genetic ancestors do I have
- European countries have state provinces
- What is your specialization as a consultant?
- Which is cheaper Portugal or Spain
- Why Organizations Should Consult Managed Security Services
- What makes clothes smell musty
- What are the best jobs in the gig economy
- People should be prohibited from keeping pets
- Turkey sausage is healthier than pork sausage
- How important is Kerala to India
- Is Ramadan all about fasting?
- How important are public finances
- How do you track the productivity of your employees
- Why is politically correct language so important
- How can I overcome my craving for onions
- Gambling addiction is a really problematic addiction
- How do I crack the ISRO