Which country has the coolest people
The happiest countries on earth
From TRAVELBOOK | March 19, 2021, 11:20 a.m.
The World Happiness Report has been published for the ninth time, a compass about where people in the world are happiest with their lives and their surroundings. In recent years, the Scandinavian countries have always been one step ahead. And also this year one of the northerners is at the top. For Germany a lot has changed in the ranking this time. By the way: This year's World Happiness Report comprehensively includes the corona crisis.
2020 was a difficult year for all countries on earth due to the corona pandemic. However, according to the “World Happiness Report”, there was no change at the top of the ranking of the happiest countries in the world: Finland again came first. The Scandinavian country has already topped the satisfaction list for the past three years. This is followed by Iceland in second place and Denmark in third place. A total of 149 countries are included in the report.
While the report in previous years was primarily based on criteria such as the economic situation, life expectancy, social security and freedom in the respective countries, a number of things have changed this year in terms of the evaluation criteria. The happiness researchers now focused primarily on the connection between well-being and Covid-19. The respective death rate in the countries and the corona measures taken by the governments have also been taken into account. The increase in mental illness was also recorded. In addition, as in previous years, interviews were held to assess the personal well-being of the people in the countries.
Why are the Finns so happy?
According to the report, the fact that Finland came out on top again has to do with the mutual trust that Finns show towards one another and towards the authorities, the police and the judiciary. Finland has also come through the pandemic better than many other countries, even if the corona numbers are currently rising again.
In addition, the residents of Finland have a certain basic satisfaction. The country is safe, stable and has a functioning government, which the Finns rate as satisfactory. Corruption is very low in Finland and the country is socially progressive at the same time. You can make your life decisions very freely and you are always secure.
Germany climbed into the top ten
While Germany ranked 17th on the list of the happiest countries on earth in 2019 and 2020, this year it rose to the top ten and ended up in 7th place. Especially with regard to the labor market, Germany made significant efforts during the pandemic, among other things through the introduction of short-time work and financial aid for the self-employed, says the report. Far fewer people have lost their jobs in Germany than in the USA or Great Britain, for example.
The top 20 countries of the World Happiness Report 2021
9. New Zealand
16. Czech Republic
18. United Kingdom
The most unhappy countries in the world
The unlucky country in this report is Zimbabwe (149), followed by Tanzania, Jordan, India and Cambodia.
The last ten places in the World Happiness Report:
Also interesting: The most dangerous (and safest) countries in 2020
This is what the top 20 of the World Happiness Report 2020 looked like
8. New Zealand
13. Great Britain
15. Costa Rica
19. Czech Republic
- What is an accounting firm
- When you meditate what is your mantra
- Which countries make up Central America
- How can India deport illegal immigrants
- Why is Karachi not the capital of Pakistan
- Can I marry my father's uncle daughter
- Is sex allowed while fasting in Ramadan?
- Can Greece reverse its population decline?
- The lips enlarge when kissing
- How do health and safety affect employees?
- Why do fighter planes fly in pairs
- What are signs of sexual abuse
- Is UAE and Saudi Arabians are the same
- Why are people afraid to eat seafood?
- What is the special food culture in France
- Can I be a good friendly manager
- What is the Gospel of Thomas
- Is the food good at Arbys
- The north in Westeros is xenophobic
- Are you happy with your children
- In management consulting, customer names are treated confidentially
- What are the principles of teaching
- Can we have a banana for breakfast?
- How rich and how poor is China