How do I clean parquet floors
© Stokkete - shutterstock.com
High-quality parquet creates a very special ambience in your own four walls: The real wood floor creates a cozy atmosphere and radiates a pleasant warmth even in winter. But the wood is sensitive: Oiled parquet in particular requires careful and regular care - otherwise, sooner or later, a complex and expensive sanding process by a specialist will be necessary. So how should the soil be treated?
- On using a Vacuum cleaner dispense. Even soft brushes for smooth floors cause scratches.
- Just one for wiping damp cloth use. The cover of a floor mop should be carefully wrung out using a centrifuge or a press.
- The parquet should if possible dry cleaned become. Dry cleaning is used to remove sand and small stones that can quickly act like abrasive particles and cause scratches.
- If possible, the parquet floor should not with street shoes to be entered. This means that cleaning does not have to be carried out as often. A Doormat just as much dirt can be picked up in the entrance area.
- A floor wiper made of pure cotton * should be used for cleaning. A microfiber cloth can scratch it.
- Stubborn dirt should not be removed with great force. Instead, a little bit of spirit can be used, provided the parquet is sealed. Only special cleaners * should be used on oiled parquet.
- Should a liquid be spilled on the parquet, it must be wiped up immediately. Otherwise there is a risk that the wood will swell or discolour.
- If the parquet floor is regularly polished (sealing and polishing all types of floors with wax), the shine is retained. Water-based acrylic wax * is ideal for this.
- Aggressive cleaning agents such as scouring milk must not be used under any circumstances. Also Steam cleaner have no place on the real wood floor.
- Does it come to be visible? Scratches, the floor does not have to be sanded down immediately. Fine scratches can usually be removed with furniture polish *.
How often should the parquet be cleaned?
If possible, dry cleaning with a cotton swab should take place every day. Keeping it clean is especially important so that small stones and sand do not cause scratches. The use of the floor is crucial: Parquet that is not walked on with street shoes does not have to be cleaned every day.
The parquet should be wiped with a damp cloth every week. For this it is advisable to use a special cleaner for parquet floors.
Monthly waxing is recommended by some experts, but is only necessary for oiled parquet. If polishing is not carried out, the floor must be sanded and re-oiled at an earlier point in time.
How does maintenance differ from sealed and oiled parquet?
The dry cleaning does not differ between the two variants. Otherwise, the following applies: While the sealed parquet is a little less sensitive, oiled parquet can be repaired more easily on your own. Oiled parquet must be waxed regularly. Overall, cleaning is a bit more time-consuming and should only be carried out with special cleaning agents. Usual care products for conventional floors tend to degrease the surface. Oiled parquet would then absorb more dirt because the lost oil no longer counteracts the moisture. Sealed parquet, on the other hand, can also be cleaned with cold black tea * or a mixture of water and ammonia * - this preserves the shine.
How can deep scratches be removed?
Basically, it is advisable to try to remove the scratches with a polish. If this is no longer possible, the floor must be sanded down. While this can be done by yourself with the oiled floor, a specialist company is essential for the sealed parquet floor. Oiled parquet should be treated again with an appropriate maintenance oil after sanding.
A beautiful parquet floor has its price - which doesn't just mean the cost. Elaborate maintenance may be necessary, especially when it is heavily used. With the right care products and a little practice, however, the floor can create a very special atmosphere for many years, which makes up for the great effort.
- How to improve professional small talk
- Too much crying affects the brain
- Which courier service also works on Sundays
- What is a travel blog
- Why is South Africa a developing country
- How do you find the maximum speed
- What is the lock screen
- Who was Bertha Southey Brammall
- Why are modern women becoming more and more aloof
- How reliable are the hybrid cars
- Which is the most popular IPL team
- Why should people move to Albany
- Foreign direct investment promotes sustainable economic growth
- Welfare subsidizes a lower minimum wage
- Why are rabbits nocturnal animals
- Is there really a shortage of engineers
- What prevents income saving
- Who is the real owner of Flipkart
- Why do I feel disconnected from reality
- How much do airline pilots earn
- Seattle is a good place to live
- What do parents not understand about college?
- What is the staple food of Israel
- What is NABH
- What are the benefits of mystery shopping
- Is there sexism against men in schools?
- Sex gets better with age
- What books are read by extremely successful people
- How do wetsuits work
- How big is England
- Would you accept a co-founder
- Do Jimmy Wales charity
- A first love is a best love