Is Indonesia a good country
Welcome to the website of the Federal Foreign Office
The focus of bilateral relations is cooperation in international organizations, the promotion of bilateral economic relations and German support for the reform of the Indonesian vocational education system. Global issues such as climate protection, topics on the maritime agenda, strategies for sustainable development and cooperation in the G20 format are regularly on the bilateral agenda.
In July 2012 in Jakarta, Chancellor Merkel agreed with the then Indonesian President Yudhoyono in the “Jakarta Declaration” a thematically broad agreement in principle as the basis for diverse and close German-Indonesian cooperation within the framework of a strategic partnership.
As the largest member states of the European Union and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), Germany and Indonesia have numerous points of contact in terms of regional policy. In 2019/2020, Indonesia and Germany worked together as non-permanent members of the United Nations Security Council.
As the country with the largest Muslim population in the world, Indonesia is an important partner for Germany for the dialogue on religious issues and the prevention of radicalization.
After the pandemic-induced slump in 2020, the bilateral trade volume amounted to around 5.6 billion euros. In addition to its economic importance, Indonesia's role in the climate and environmental sector is of global relevance - due to its immense forests and biodiversity, but also as one of the world's largest greenhouse gas emitters. Germany supports Indonesia in particular in promoting renewable energies, forest conservation and vocational training, and has thus become one of Indonesia's largest bilateral development partners. Germany also supports numerous development programs through the EU, multilateral institutions, non-governmental organizations and in the regional context of ASEAN.
Germany enjoys a high reputation in Indonesia in the field of culture and education: It is an excellent study and science location and has been one of the most popular study locations for Indonesian students for years. The German language also continues to enjoy great popularity in Indonesia. Over 150,000 Indonesians are currently learning German.
This text represents basic information. It is updated regularly. No guarantee can be given for the correctness and completeness of the information.
- Web developers are in great demand
- How do pinworms know when it's night
- Is love a kind of dangerous disease
- What do older generations misunderstand about yours
- What is your favorite thing about people
- Which private companies recruit students through Gate
- Is someone really interested in someone else?
- Can narcissists deal with the truth?
- What lived on Pangea
- What is RFI in procurement
- When should a friend be beaten up?
- Should I register a trademark from the start?
- Does the US Congress have running time restrictions
- Why are people afraid to eat seafood?
- Why are Israelis so into hummus?
- Is the F35 the best fighter
- What do Americans think of French Canadians?
- Why does a dog's urine smell bad
- Men are attracted to women with abs
- Have you ever had a pet unexpectedly?
- Are fashion companies profitable
- What does technical SEO mean
- Who makes Insignia TVs
- Have users been harassed by Quora administrators?