Is France a good country
At a glance
Major cities:Bordeaux, Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Nice, Nantes, Strasbourg, Montpellier, Toulouse, Rennes, Reims
Form of government: republic
President: Emmanuel Macron
District President: Prime Minister Édouard Philippe
Flag: Three vertical stripes in blue, white and red
National Anthem: La Marseillaise, written by Claude Joseph Rouget de Lisle
Motto: Liberty, equality, fraternity
National holiday: July 14th, this day celebrates the storming of the Bastille, which is considered to be the beginning of the French Revolution.
Surface: 632,834 km², of which 88,868 km² are overseas territories
Population: 67,190,000 inhabitants (Jan. 2019)
Currency: Euro, Pacific Franc (CFP Franc, XPF) partly in the overseas territories; until 2002 the franc was the legal tender
License Plate: F
Country code: FRA
GDP: 2776 billion USD, 44,008 USD / inhabitant
France has one overall Area of 632,834 km². The French mainland in Europe (France Métropolitaine), also called hexagons (hexagon) because of its shape, covers 543,965 square kilometers.
The mainland of France borders Germany to the east, Switzerland and Italy to the southeast. In the south is the Mediterranean Sea and, as a rural border, Spain. In the west, the waves of the Atlantic break on the French coast. The north of France is bordered by the English Channel. France also borders Belgium and Luxembourg in the north.
The common German-French border extends from Perl (Saarland) to Weil am Rhein (Baden-Württemberg). From Au am Rhein to Weil am Rhein, the river Rhine represents the natural border between France and Germany.
The island of Corsica, which lies in the Mediterranean Sea off the southern coast, also belongs to France.
Furthermore, some also belong Overseas departments officially to France. These include the islands of Martinique, Guadeloupe, Saint Barthélemy and St. Martin in the Caribbean Sea, French Guiana in northern South America, and the island of Saint-Pierre & Miquelon off the coast of Newfoundland (North America). The islands of La Réunion and Mayotte in the Indian Ocean, east of Africa, also belong to France. Far to the south there is also a piece of France in Antarctica: the Terres Australes & Antarctiques. In the Pacific, Tahiti and its islands, New Caledonia and also the islands of Wallis & Futuna officially belong to France.
Until the beginning of 2016 there were a total of 27 regions, since the reform there have been 18 so-called large regions. A total of 13 of these regions are in Europe, 5 are French overseas territories in the Caribbean, South America and the Indian Ocean.
Each of the 13 regions in Europe consists of several departments.
Regions (major regions)
After the 2015 territorial reform, France is in 18 regions divided. The former regions that now form the Greater Region are listed in brackets.
- Hauts-de-France (Picardy, Nord-Pas de Calais)
- Grand Est (Alsace, Lorraine, Champagne-Ardenne)
- Ile de France
- Pays de la Loire
- Nouvelle-Aquitaine (Aquitaine, Poitou-Charentes, Limousin)
- Occitania (Midi-Pyrenees, Languedoc-Roussillon)
- Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
- Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes (Auvergne, Rhône-Alpes)
- Bourgogne-Franche-Comté (Burgundy, Franche-Comté)
- Center-Val de Loire
- Reunion Island
- French Guyana
- 4 Overseas Territories (TOM - Territoire Outre-Mer): French Polynesia, New Caledonia, the islands of Wallis and Futuna, French Southern and Antarctic Lands
- and 2 local authorities: Mayotte, Saint-Pierre and Miquelon
France is a secular state. It means that State and religion separated from each other are.
- How can I get free prostheses
- How dominant are iPhones in your country
- How is the economy in Egypt 2018
- Is life really all about our choices?
- What are the worst modern tortures
- What is a Science Olympiad
- Where can I buy venison
- Fortran is really that hard
- Which company offers event management software?
- Why is inclusive education bad
- Why do we need a project
- How badly you practice personal finance
- Are fried eggs better than boiled eggs
- What are outsourcing services similar to TaskRabbit
- Love girls anime
- What is the dark side of ireland
- Is biotechnology difficult
- How do I prepare for ZCO 1
- What is a holiday 1
- What is cultural ethnicity
- What are imports and exports of Australia
- How did you change your life 1
- Can Drogon survive if Dany dies
- Were giants really in the Bible