What are some alternative devices for crutches
Walking aid is a collective term for various aids that facilitate or enable walking with physical limitations. The aim of such an everyday aid is to restore the user's mobility. Often seniors need a walking aid due to their age. Often, however, these are also used by young people after an accident or when they are unable to walk.
What is a walker?
The following aids fall under the generic term walking aids:
- Crutches (also called forearm crutches)
- Walking sticks
- Walking frames (also called walking frames or walking frames)
- Rollators (also called walkers)
- Electric vehicles (also called e-scooters)
The different types of walking aids differ in the type of application and the muscle strength required. Thus, not every type of walking aid is suitable for every movement restriction.
Crutches are a walking aid that is used for all leg injuries. They are often used for torn muscles, knee or hip injuries, or fractures. They usually consist of a metal support tube and a handle. They are used to completely relieve one leg and still ensure mobility. This type of walking aid is therefore often only used temporarily until the leg injury has recovered.
A walking stick is a walking aid that you can lean on when walking and is mostly used when the joints in the leg can no longer be fully stressed due to age or after a serious injury. It serves less as a complete relief like a crutch, but more as an additional support for the elderly and people with walking restrictions.
A walking frame is often used as a walking aid in rehabilitation facilities. It has four legs and is set forward piece by piece with every step. Since the walking frame, unlike the rollator, has no castors and therefore has a firm footing, it is particularly suitable for very insecure people who slowly start walking again after an operation or injury.
A rollator is particularly suitable for people who want additional support when walking in everyday life. The rollers of the rollator ensure that you can move smoothly despite a physical limitation and that you receive sufficient support. The rollator can be used anywhere, whether in your own apartment, for walking or shopping - the rollator is the perfect helper for seniors and people with physical limitations to maintain mobility.
A wheelchair is an aid that people can use who are severely restricted in their mobility or who are not able to walk on their own at all. They enable those affected to actively participate in social life again, which would be difficult or impossible to imagine without a wheelchair. Wheelchairs are available in many different designs for a wide variety of activities and thus maintain the quality of life for people with walking difficulties.
An electric wheelchair is a wheelchair that is powered by electricity and therefore does not have to be moved by one's own strength. This is particularly suitable for people who do not have enough strength to drive the wheelchair manually without interruption, or if long distances are to be covered. It also enables people who are paralyzed from the cervical spine to participate in society and move around independently.
Which walking aid is right for me?
To make it easier for you to decide which walking aid is the right one for you, we have again summarized the most important things for you:
|Type of walking aid||properties|
- What is the Qin Dynasty
- What are the best Turkish dessert recipes
- Where in the world is bluegrass popular
- How can I be a stockbroker
- Which actress has a bra size of 40?
- Who was Ernst Baron von Feuchtersleben
- Why is gift wrapping so boring?
- Boys prefer cute or hot girls
- Why does math make me angry
- Where are some abandoned places in London
- How important is political correctness
- Why is the UK so against immigration?
- Will my marriage fail without children
- How is the market different from the economy?
- Why is Vincent van Gogh a genius
- I am 18 years old. I am old now
- Who will replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg?
- What is the pay for military disabilities
- What are values and ethics
- Who is Taehyung's girlfriend
- Are Portuguese, Hispanic or Latino
- How do pinworms know when it's night
- Which Nordic country is the least developed?
- What is a medium-sized car