Can I study and work in India
Guide for Indian students applying for a Masters in Germany
If you are an Indian student looking to study in Germany, read on to learn how a German MA degree can be an asset to your academic career.
Germany is a fascinating country with a rich history and a growing economy, which makes the country a popular study destination for international students. Especially students from developing countries strive to study here and hope for a successful life after graduation. In recent years, universities in Germany have seen a 16% growth in the admission of Indian students. So you may be wondering how the German education system attracts thousands of Indians annually.
In the following article you can read why the interest of Indian students in studying in Germany is growing.
Why should Indian students choose higher education in Germany?
Thanks to an educational framework based on both theory and practice, Germany has had high-quality teaching and excellent research for many years. Let's take a look at why Germany is a popular study destination for Indian students:
- Lower tuition fees - According to the Times Higher Education, Germany is the second cheapest country in Europe, with tuition fees that are far cheaper than at universities of comparable standard in Great Britain, Canada and the USA.
- Quality education - German universities are known for first-class teaching and practice-related learning methods and are always at the top of the global academic rankings. In addition, the universities employability services strive to unlock the full potential of students and prepare them for their future careers.
- Numerous courses of study - Indian students who are interested in studying for a master’s degree in Germany can choose their specialization from a wide range of subjects. In addition, the universities in Germany offer numerous postgraduate courses with the additional bonus of free German language tuition.
- Job opportunities - International students have the option of working part-time during their studies, either 20 hours per week or 120 days per year. In addition, the low unemployment rate of 5.3% encourages many students to apply for jobs in Germany.
- Work permit - After completing their studies, Indian students can apply for an 18-month residence and work permit in Germany and thus find jobs in their specialist field. In order to obtain permission, students must submit the following documents to the immigration authorities:
- a valid Indian passport;
- the master’s degree;
- Proof of health insurance;
- Scholarship documents.
Admission criteria for Indian students to apply for master’s programs in Germany:
- An Indian candidate applying for an MA in Germany must have a Bachelor's degree from a recognized university;
- In order to be admitted to the master’s degree in Germany, students must prove their English language skills with at least 6.0 points in the IELTS test (with at least 5.5 points in each component) or at least 50 points in the PTE test;
- the minimum age for a master’s degree in Germany is 21 years.
Tips for applying for a master’s degree in Germany
- At German universities, enrollment usually takes place every six months and it is recommended that you submit your application a few weeks in advance;
- the admission requirements for universities in Germany vary from university to university; therefore, students should consider the specific criteria they must meet in order to be admitted to their chosen university;
- if you meet the university requirements, the next step is to submit the online application.
Details on the student visa for studying in Germany
In order for Indian students to be able to study a master’s degree in Germany, a residence permit is required which enables them to live and study in the country for a period of two years. If you are waiting for a confirmation of your application from a university, an applicant visa can help you to enter Germany in the meantime. This visa can still be used when applying for a full student visa after the admission process has been completed. It is necessary to make an appointment with the Indian consulate well in advance to ensure that you have all of the documents listed below to hand:
- Proof of admission to an MA degree at a German university;
- Proof of educational qualifications;
- Documents on financial resources for student finance;
- Result of the English language test (IELTS);
- Passport photos (according to biometric specifications);
- valid passport;
- Proof of international health insurance.
It usually takes 6 to 12 weeks to process German student visas. You should also make sure that you have enough time to settle in Germany before starting your university. Information about the German embassy in India can be found here.
Studying in Germany helps students to develop personally and professionally and to improve their professional prospects overall. The postgraduate courses at the Berlin School of Business and Innovation (BSBI) are renowned international courses that guarantee students professional success worldwide. Apply today for an MA in Germany to expand your academic knowledge and improve your career opportunities!
- Which cities put fluoride in their water?
- Can buy Amazon Google
- What is business law
- Is reality a social construct
- What is ICEX
- You can own and register multiple companies
- How to Find a Lost Wallet
- How can I easily prepare vegetarian meals
- Is there a state quota in AIIMS
- What is an apprenticeship in Germany
- How much do World Cup tickets cost
- How bad will no BREXIT deal be
- Men like to wear women's panties
- Technology makes us stupid
- Teachers treat ugly students better
- How are the Turks and Mongols connected?
- I don't practice Santeria, do I
- Hate Latinos or Hispanics asians
- What is Gaya India
- What are the tastiest Persian dishes
- What is your best festival and why
- Is VidMate safe on Android
- Close gas stations
- Does the Starbucks headquarters have a Starbucks inside