How famous is Bollywood in the USA
10 famous stars of the Indian cultural scene
Ravi Shankar: the king of the sitar
In the 1950s, Ravi Shankar became one of the first messengers of Indian music in the West. The meditative sound and the ascending drive of his ragas inspired and influenced fellow musicians from Yehudi Menuhin to George Harrison. And also his daughters Anoushka Shankar and Nora Jones, according to the proud father, made an "important contribution to the musical development of the West".
Zubin Mehta: the conductor prince
Born in Mumbai, then still Bombay, the artist went to study in Vienna at the age of 18 and made a career in Europe and the USA. Nevertheless, Zubin Mehta remains connected to his homeland to this day. For example, a foundation he founded is committed to popularizing Western classical music in India.
Yash Chopra: the father of Bollywood
Without the director and film producer Yash Chopra, the Hindi film industry would not have developed into an internationally successful phenomenon. He was a master and co-inventor of the feel-good music film and skillfully coined the trademark "Bollywood".
Shah Rukh Khan
Shah Rukh Khan: the superstar
He is considered the most successful actor in India. It is said that Shah Rukh Khan has more admirers worldwide than Jonny Depp and Tom Cruise put together. The only 1.70 meter tall Bollywood star is by no means a classic handsome. Rather, his strengths are humor, charm and charisma.
Raj Kapoor as a wax figure at Madame Tussauds
Raj Kapoor: the "Charlie Chaplin of India"
In the 1950s, Raj Kapoor took the hearts of viewers and critics by storm. He was also one of the first to play not the winner, but a little man with his lovable weaknesses and a certain brokenness.
Subodh Gupta: the collector's favorite
Contemporary art "made in India" has been booming for decades. One of their most successful protagonists is Subodh Gupta. The works of the artist from Bihar achieve record prices on the art market. Bihar is one of the poorest regions in India.
Kajol: the icon of beauty
Kajol Devgan is not only one of the most popular and well-known actresses in Bollywood. For many, the mother of two is the symbol of classic Indian beauty.
Arundhati Roy: the star author
The Indian writer was named one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World by Time Magazine in 2014. The delicate woman has a lot to say to the mighty of this world and her country and fearlessly criticizes the weaknesses of Indian society and the state.
A.R. Rahman: the successful composer
In 2008 "Slumdog Millionär", a film by Danny Boyle based on the hit novel "Q & A" by Vikas Swarup ("Questions and Answers", German title "Rupien! Rupien!") Was awarded eight Oscars. Among other things, the soundtrack from the workshop of Allah Rakha Rahman, the jack-of-all-trades of Indian light music, made him a box-office hit.
Balkrishna Doshi: the architect
In 2018, the 90-year-old Balkrishna Doshi was honored with the Pritzker Prize - the world's most important award for architects. The architect, who was born in Pune, has proven that "art and architecture serve humanity", so the reasoning. At the end of the 80s Doshi built the "Aranya Low Cost Housing" in his hometown. Over 6500 residential units from small apartments to spacious apartments offer decent living space for people with different incomes.
- Which Mediclaim Insurance Company Is The Best
- Can social media help overcome shyness?
- What is the Romanian word campea?
- Will I get paid in an internship?
- Which country has the most ambassadors?
- How much does Facebook pay its employees
- Do we need laws against abuse
- What percentage of people become great-grandparents?
- Who are my ancestors
- How do I get motivated
- Government jobs in India pay off well
- Are work from home real
- What does home insurance cover
- How do I dress a fish man
- Why do adults behave childishly
- What does it mean to be Taiwanese
- Can I eat too many potatoes?
- Who is your favorite green lantern
- Why cheat fraudsters
- How exactly does the Indian economy work
- What are government bonds and bonds
- Why is the luxury fashion industry declining
- Which smartphones are made in the USA
- Feels like normal empty every day
- In Christianity, dogs can go to heaven
- Who is the father of jesus
- How do dollar stores work
- Should I invest in overseas mutual funds?
- What is Pennywise supposed to be
- What are the origins of celebrities
- Who can bring a lawsuit for abuse of the elderly?
- How can I be a stockbroker
- Are there right-wing atheists