Fraudsters can change
- We use three types of cookies:
- Transaction cookies: These cookies enable accounts to be logged in and out, as well as fraud detection and prevention, and contribute to the stability of the website.
- Performance cookies: The information in these cookies enables the tracking of the performance of the website, the optimization of existing functions and beta testing.
- Marketing cookies: These cookies are linked to services offered by Western Union and third parties, such as surveys, marketing inquiries, or "Like" and "Share" buttons on social networks. Please remember: you can disable performance and marketing cookies. However, you must accept transaction cookies in order to be able to use our website / app.
Be sure of everything
is what it seems
Knowledge protects. You work hard for your money and you want to trust the company that you can send money to friends and family with. That is why we want to help you protect yourself against fraud.
Q: What should I do if I suspect I have been a victim of fraud?
Call our fraud hotline immediately 0800 4044014 (Mon-Fri from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.). If you've sent money that has not yet been paid to the recipient, you may still be able to cancel the transaction.
Q: What if I report a fraud case?
Inform after you take the scam0800 4044014 or reported to our fraud department using the online fraud report form, including the local police. Western Union works directly with the police when they send us inquiries.
We regularly work with the police around the world, but we also point out that police tasks are not our area of responsibility and that it is just as dangerous for our employees as for our customers to try to arrest criminals themselves. Because of this, and because recipients can pick up money from a variety of locations at any time, we work with the police to screen and prosecute people who use our services to commit fraud.
Q: Will Western Union refund my money?
If you've sent money that hasn't been picked up, call our fraud hotline 0800 4044014 to cancel the transaction.
If the recipient hasn't picked up the money yet, we'll refund your money, including the transaction fee.
If the recipient has already picked up the money and you suspect you may have been a victim of fraud, be sure to file an official fraud report with Western Union and report the incident to the police.
All cases reported to Western Union will be reviewed for the possibility of a refund. The detection of fraudulent transactions and their cancellation in the system is our top priority. However, scammers are skilled and constantly changing their tactics. The best protection against fraud is to identify frauds and fraudsters yourself.
Q: How does Western Union prevent fraud?
We take great care that our customers don't lose their hard-earned money to scammers. That's why we've put in place a variety of mechanisms to prevent this from happening, including:
- automatic fraud alerts
- Information on fraud prevention for our locations
- Tips and resources on fraud prevention at www.wu.com/fraudawareness and on Facebook and Twitter
- Participation and lecturing at industry events on fraud prevention such as B. Meetings for executives to share information and tips on how to detect and protect against fraud
Q: What should I do about a spam email that mentions Western Union?
Forward the original email to [email protected] Note: You have not yet submitted a fraud report. If you suspect that you may have been a victim of fraud, call our fraud hotline to report the incident. Then report the fraud to the local police as well.
We also encourage you to tell friends and family about scams and phishing emails. In-person sharing of information is a very effective way of disseminating information about common fraud attempts. If you receive unsolicited phishing emails, it is likely that you are not alone.
Q: What types of fraud are most common?
Fraud can take many forms, and fraudsters are constantly changing their tactics in order not to be seen through. Find out about possible types of fraud.
Stay up to date.
Follow our warnings and updates on:
- What are the most popular hobbies
- What are the benefits of retiring
- Indian men have big penises
- Why do rental cars smell like smoke
- Which ETFs are better vanguards or fidelitys
- What's the worst part about cooking
- Are loyal partners in a distant relationship
- How long do garden hoses last
- What do white Americans eat for dinner?
- Which is the best Bangkok or Bali
- What problems does Kyrgyzstan face
- Can Americans drive cars?
- Which generation suffers the most
- What are Bach's most famous pieces
- Which is the rape capital of the world
- Why should one join the hotel industry?
- What is your most valuable A4 document
- What does depression look like for teenagers
- What are the best startup business cards
- Why don't I find math interesting
- What do Australians drink for Christmas
- Have coal powered steam engines
- May teachers receive letters from students
- How does Walmart cash handwritten checks
- What are some edible lip balms
- Why do extroverts try to be introverts
- What is the work culture like at Apple
- What is the story of Somnath Temple
- What was your experience with supernatural powers
- Why do people go while studying
- How diversified is the Saudi Arabian economy
- Education in Georgia is good
- What difficulties do nurses have
- How good is wow shampoo