Why are Chinese products banned in India?
China calls ban on Chinese apps in India "harmful"
China criticizes India's actions as "harmful" for both sides. One should not follow the example of the USA, but preserve "valuable independence".
China has criticized the ban on Chinese apps in India as "harmful" to both sides. It affects the rights and interests of both Indian users and Chinese companies, said Foreign Office spokeswoman Hua Chunying on Thursday in Beijing.
In the reaction, which was conspicuously cautious by Chinese standards, the spokeswoman also pointed out that India should not follow the US, but should preserve its "valuable independence" and "should not damage the long-term interests of the country and the two peoples through short-sightedness".
Amid growing tensions between the two most populous states over the controversial Himalayan border, India has banned many Chinese apps for security reasons since the summer. Most recently, the popular shooter game PUBG Mobile and more than 100 other programs were blocked. The affected apps, including the popular TikTok video platform, can no longer be found in India in the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store.
Tensions between China and India
A good two months ago, at least 20 Indian soldiers were killed in the most momentous border incident between the two nuclear powers in decades. Despite de-escalation talks between military representatives, tensions have increased again in recent days. New Delhi and Beijing accuse each other of having troop movements on the border provoking the other side and trying to change the status quo there.
The dispute between the Asian rivals over their common border has been going on for a long time. In the 1960s, the two countries fought a brief war that China won. After the violent clash in June, India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi was under heavy domestic pressure to respond harshly to Beijing. His country is militarily inferior to China.
(APA / DPA)
- How can you entertain old people
- Flight attendants flirt with passengers
- Who is the best gastroenterologist in Lucknow
- Is fear the cause of anger?
- Which songs have the best bass drops
- Singapore is heavily influenced by Indian culture
- What is your favorite childhood memory and why
- Why do diabetics often urinate at night
- Is Albania a third world country
- Myanmar people eat pork
- Is the world racist against whites
- What are the best INTJ ENFP talks
- Is it gay to remove body hair
- What's your rating of Baby Boomers
- What is Patiala famous for?
- How can social constructs influence people?
- How well you can manipulate people
- What is carp fishing
- How are non-whites treated in Belarus?
- How much do heavy metal bands earn
- What is important integrity or dignity
- Why are so many creative geniuses misunderstood
- Is it okay to do crossdressing?
- A US passport has 10 numbers