What do billionaires buy
Forbes rankingThe ten richest billionaires in 2021
The outbreak of the corona pandemic was the starting signal for an unparalleled rally for the billionaires. The US business magazine "Forbes" counted 2,755 billionaires worldwide on March 5, 2021. That was 660 more than a year earlier. The total wealth of the super-rich was reportedly $ 13.1 trillion. It rose disproportionately by $ 5.1 trillion. Almost nine in ten billionaires (86 percent) were richer in 2021 than a year earlier. In fact, you have to scroll down the list to number 127 to find the first candidate whose fortune has shrunk in 2020.
Also newcomers among the super-rich
It has long been apparent that the pandemic is widening the gap between rich and poor. "Forbes" saw not only the billionaires as beneficiaries of the historical crisis. It also paved the way for innovative entrepreneurs, wrote the magazine, referring to the 493 newcomers in the ranking. More than one in five super-rich had never been a billionaire before. According to the information, they included, for example, Biontech co-founder Uğur Şahin. Another 250 billionaires returned to the rich list.
The Covid-19 pandemic has also caused movement in the top group of the world's super-rich. Some entrepreneurs kept up with the immense increase in value on the stock exchanges or even drove them. Others were able to increase their fortunes, but could not keep up with this pace.
According to Forbes, these are the ten richest billionaires in 2021
# 10 Mukesh Ambani
The new Corona age of the super-rich becomes clear in tenth place. On the 2020 list, Walmart heir Rob Walton came in at $ 54.1 billion. This sum would not even have been enough for the top 20 richest people in the world in 2021. Mukesh Ambani (63) advanced to tenth place this year. "Forbes" estimated the assets of the CEO of the Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries (oil, gas, telecommunications, retail) as of the reporting date at $ 84.5 billion - more than twice as much as a year earlier ($ 36.8 billion). The currently richest man in India was ranked 21st worldwide in 2020.
# 9 Sergey Brin
As in the previous year, eight of the ten richest people in the world come from the USA. Six of them made their fortunes directly from digital technologies. They experienced a boom during the corona pandemic. That brought Google co-founder Sergey Brin back into the top 10. According to Forbes, his fortune rose within one year from 49.1 to 89.0 billion dollars. Brin improved from 14th to ninth place.
# 8 Larry Page
Brin's companion Larry Page was also able to nearly double his fortune from March 2020 to March 2021. It rose from $ 50.9 billion to $ 91.5 billion, according to analysts. The former CEO of Alphabet climbed five places on the billionaire list back to eighth place in the top 10.
# 7 Larry Ellison
Larry Ellison “only” got $ 34 billion richer in the corona pandemic. The jump from 59 to 93 billion meant a decline from fifth to seventh place in the ranking. According to "Forbes", Ellison owns around 35.4 percent of the software company Oracle, which he co-founded.
# 6 Warren Buffett
2021 indicates a turning point in the "Forbes" list. Warren Buffett is out of the top five richest people in the world for the first time in over 20 years. The 90-year-old investor legend slipped two places to sixth despite a steep increase in assets from 67.5 to 96 billion dollars.
# 5 Mark Zuckerberg
On the other hand, Mark Zuckerberg went two places up to fifth. The high demand for Facebook services during the Corona crisis drove his private wealth up from 54.7 to 97 billion dollars, according to Forbes.
- There are citizenship and passports of Hong Kong
- Is the internet bad for young people?
- Western breakfast is worse than Vietnamese breakfast
- Why don't Cambodians like Vietnam and Thailand?
- What are the symptoms of enema abuse
- The SAT score of 1070 is good
- How do you optimize your creative side
- What do Nigerians look like
- How respectable is respectability policy
- How did Adam become a prophet
- Do you like asian girls
- What are the challenges of sustainability
- Americans hate Great Britain
- What really helps older people feel young
- Why are fashion designers underpaid in India
- Alzheimer's patients know what is happening
- Has a real Cuban mayonnaise sandwich
- Is it legal to cheat a fraudster?
- What are anti-patterns in Java design
- Why is NPN PNP used
- How much salary is good
- Should I apply to UC schools
- How many ethnic races in India
- What do Ukrainians think of Romanians
- How can I cure a vaginal yeast infection
- How did the Germans pronounce Hitler?
- What's good about Hyderabad
- How did you become yourself
- Is the CFO higher than the president
- Which songs have the best bass drops
- Why is code quality important
- Why did China treat Vietnam badly
- What's up with popular music these days
- Could a company make its own currency?