Who is a civil servant
Requirements, application, training
How do you become a civil servant?
In the interview you can answer questions from the examiners on various topics. At its core, the HR staff is about being able to better assess the applicant's personality. Possible questions are, for example: "Why do you want to become a civil servant?", "What are you currently interested in about our agency?" Or "What would you describe as your greatest strengths and weaknesses?"
The assessment center
Applicants for the higher service often go through a full-fledged assessment center. The focus is on personal and social skills: How did the participants argue, how do they go about solving problems? How do they behave towards one another - who takes responsibility, who is more cautious?
Common assessment center modules are:
The medical examination
During the medical examination, the medical officer checks whether you are fit for the job in terms of health. The requirements are different depending on the position. Extensive exams can take up to an hour or more. The doctor measures body height and weight, checks visual acuity and hearing, tests the reflexes, examines the body structure and controls mobility.
Training to become a civil servant
Career training (the so-called “preparatory service”) usually lasts two years in the middle service, three years in the higher service, and 18 to 24 months in the higher service. A preparatory service is not always scheduled in simple service - if so, it usually lasts six months.
During the training you are Official on withdrawal. During this phase, civil servant candidates can be dismissed from service at short notice if there are any doubts about their suitability.
The preparatory service ends with the career test, after which one becomes Official on probation set. During the probationary period (at least two years), the employment relationship can still be terminated in the event of minor offenses. After the trial period has expired, the status is granted Official for life.
The training courses and courses of study in the public service are usually structured in two ways. That means: Theoretical and practical phases alternate and build on each other.
www.die-unverzichtbaren.de: Portal of the young talent campaign “Die Unverzichtbaren”, with lots of information and tips about training in the public sector.
Public service recruitment test: Online test training for the recruitment test: optimally prepared with the eTrainer.
Become a civil servant - the manual: application, interview, recruitment test, assessment center - apply once, always civil servant!
How do you become a police officer? The facts at a glance.
Topic special recruitment test: procedure, tasks, preparation - everything about the recruitment test in the public service on our online training portal.Date: 05/18
- Is Ayn Rand's philosophy socialist or capitalist
- Fencing is useful for self-defense
- What is your unpopular opinion of Prince William
- Did President Eisenhower support the McCarthy hearings?
- Are construction managers asked
- Do Uber drivers agree to wear skis?
- How is the monthly tax calculated
- Why didn't Arya Stark kill Sandor Clegane?
- Which pizza toppings do you get
- Combat tactics What is a move
- How does a rotating aircraft engine work
- Why are there no protests in Macau?
- What are some cool Gmail tricks
- How religious are Egyptians
- Which is the toughest international Olympiad
- What are the unwritten design rules
- Is the ISI College good for internships
- How are companies taxed on profits
- Is it normal to hate your parents?
- How is the economy in Egypt 2018
- Economists need math
- How do I check a birth certificate
- How dishonest is the mainstream media
- Have you ever accidentally injured an animal?
- How safe is Calabar Nigeria
- You should define yourself with your job
- What is the definition of archaeological data
- How sweet is your split
- What are some delicious Iranian cuisines
- Is it disrespectful to call America Murica?
- How did the Mongols convert to Islam
- Why does straight sex disgust me?
- Are extreme sports worth the risk?