Idle is good for your health
Sport, fun and delicious, healthy food
According to the Federal Ministry of Health, 8.7 percent of children and adolescents in Germany are overweight and 6.3 percent are obese - due to poor diet and lack of exercise. "SMS. Be clever. Take part. Be fit ”is the motto of an initiative by the Düsseldorfer Kids association with PFIFF, which aims to motivate socially disadvantaged schoolchildren to adopt a healthy lifestyle in order to prevent cardiovascular diseases and type 2 diabetes in childhood. The association was awarded the 2nd prize at the 2020 Charity Awards for its commitment.
The number of lifestyle-related illnesses is increasing worldwide - especially among children and adolescents. With the “SMS. Be clever. Take part. Be fit ”, Professor Karsten Müssig, chief physician of the Clinic for Internal Medicine at the Franziskus-Hospital Harderberg of the Niels-Stensen-Kliniken in Georgsmarienhütte and chairman of the Düsseldorf Kids Association with PFIFF, wants to get elementary school children interested in sport and healthy nutrition.
“We are very happy, that gives us great courage to continue. We just want to address even more children, ”said Karsten Müssig at the award ceremony. Müssig went on to explain that children could bring the knowledge of a balanced diet to families who are not native speakers. "With simple means, children can be encouraged to return to a balanced lifestyle." In the future, the aim will also be to use electronic media to encourage children to exercise more, for example through special apps.
The association has found sponsors from sports, culture and politics for its project. The participating primary school students receive two additional sports lessons per week in which they can try out different sports. Diet assistants from the Kaiserswerther Diakonie also present the elementary schoolchildren with delicious dishes to cook at home. The initiative now looks after 18 schools in Düsseldorf and Cologne. (Smi / ger)
- What can you cook rice with?
- Who makes their own bouquets
- Where can I get jazz chord charts from
- How often do Americans clean their homes
- Which city should I live in Australia
- What is the opposite of silence
- Why are unpaid internships considered legal
- How do Chinese names work 1
- What ideologies do libertarians represent?
- What are different interest rates
- Why is order and discipline so important
- How much do cigarettes cost in Canada
- What is a construction project administrator
- What are some housewarming gift ideas
- When will the Fed raise interest rates?
- Who is the Most Hated NFL Player
- Where do cops make the most money?
- Red Bull is taurine harmful
- How was your lunch today
- Can someone suddenly lose feelings for someone
- Which beans are the easiest to cook
- What did Native Americans call America?
- How painful is a leg lengthening operation
- Who are your favorite Arab music artists?