What products can I export from Nigeria
public sector Nigeria Product Conformity Assessment (SONCAP)
In order to prevent the import of inferior and unsafe products to Nigeria, all exporters and manufacturers must compare the goods concerned with the standards and technical requirements of the Nigerian Standards Organization (SON).
We can test and verify your products offshore according to the Nigerian Standards Authority (SONCAP) program for conformity assessment. Goods that are intended for import, are subject to the SONCAP program and are on the list of regulated products must be checked for conformity in their country of origin.
Due to decades of experience in product testing, our global network of experienced experts offers you tailor-made services that help you to prove the conformity of your products.
Our accreditation for the revised SONCAP program was renewed on November 14, 2012 and will come into effect on March 1, 2013. The process of the new program differs significantly from the previous version. Three paths to certification are introduced. In addition, different documents must be issued for each route:
- Way A: For unregistered / unlicensed products (verification of conformity): Every shipment that is intended for import requires inspection, sampling and testing in accordance with the relevant standards and an FCL monitoring of the container loading and sealing carried out on the basis of the risk assessment.
- Way B: For registered products (inspection of registration and conformity) The products are registered during a detailed factory audit. The basis are supplier and type tests and the assessment of the manufacturer's quality system. For at least 40% of the shipments, inspection, sampling and testing in accordance with the relevant standards as well as FCL monitoring of the container loading and sealing are required.
- Way C: For licensed products (product certification systems): The licensing of products is based on the detailed product evaluation. This includes testing, factory audits and at least two regular checks a year.
Test reports are to be submitted for all certification paths. Test reports are only valid from the following bodies:
- Approved ISO / IEC 17025 laboratory
- Manufacturer, provided that SGS was present during the test
The following documents confirm compliance with the SON requirements:
- Product certificate (unregistered): Issued per shipment and valid for six months, issued after successful systematic inspection and product sampling, only applies to route A.
- Product certificate (registered):Valid for one year, issued after a successful supplier check or, if necessary, the auditing of the manufacturer's plant: applies to route B
- Product certificate (licensed): Valid for one year, issued after a successful audit of the manufacturer: applies to route C
- Certificate of Conformity (CoC): Issued for each shipment after verification: examination of the documents (including product report and satisfactory test report) and depending on routes A, B or C.
Purpose of the certificate:
- Product certificate (unregistered or registered or licensed) Required by the importer to open a "Form M" (import application) before the goods are shipped from the country of delivery
- A Certificate of Conformity: Requires SON to issue a SONCAP certificate for the importer
- SONCAP certificate: Required by the importer for customs clearance
Good reasons for SGS
As a global leader in testing, verification and certification with a global network, we are committed to offering efficient services under SONCAP to exporters to Nigeria and importers in Nigeria.
- People change 2
- What should I know about Kyrgyzstan
- How do billionaires see millionaires
- What are some examples of employee involvement
- Do you miss your school life
- What do billionaires buy
- How is the race in the USA determined?
- How does gay marriage threaten your marriage?
- What is the most dangerous machine in the world
- Why are antiques important
- What is iOS app development
- How do general contractors get work
- Is blockchain technology sustainable
- How does the adsorption take place
- Which degrees relate to computer science
- Is the Russian culture European?
- How do highly sexual women deal with relationships
- What is building construction
- What is an unexpected danger in France
- German men like Indian women
- What is Sharia law in Singapore
- What is reality 3
- Does anyone at NASA believe in Hinduism?
- Can Germany produce combat aircraft today?
- Indonesians eat Komodo
- Difference between service tax and income tax
- How developed is Pakistan
- Are loyal partners in a distant relationship
- What motivated you the most
- What makes a brand a traditional brand
- Does lightning affect the WLAN?
- How do I make EPF complaints
- Why do armpits stink so much
- Who is the stronger Superman or Green Lantern