What do the Irish eat for Christmas
Irish Christmas menu
Of course, an Irish Christmas in Germany also includes an original Irish Christmas menu!
MILD SMOKED IRISH SALMON WITH BROWN BREAD
Mild smoked Irish salmon platter
4 large slices of Irish smoked salmon
Traditional brown bread sliced
Simply arrange the Irish salmon slices in an appealing way on a plate and garnish with a few lettuce leaves and lemon wedges. Serve with freshly baked brown bread.
TRADITIONAL DUBLIN CHRISTMAS TURKEY
Traditional Dublin Christmas Turkey
for 6-10 people
plus cooking time approx. 5-6 hours
1 turkey, approx. 4.5-5.5 kg
Salt, black pepper from the mill, a little flour
2 tbsp soft butter
8 slices of striped bacon / pancetta
500 ml game stock
1 glass of cranberries
1 shot of port wine
450g white bread crumbled into pieces
3 tablespoons of fresh, finely chopped flat leaf parsley
4 tbsp fresh, finely chopped thyme
2 stalks of celery
3 large quartered onions
Salt and black pepper from the mill
130g soft butter
- Put the bread, parsley, thyme and the onion in the blender and finely chop everything.
Pour into a bowl and stir in the butter. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees, gas mark 7.
- Wash the turkey briefly and pat dry. Carefully the skin from the end of the neck
loosen with your hands and carefully push 1/3 of the filling between the skin and the meat.
Salt and pepper the turkey, dust with a little flour and brush all over with the soft butter.
Spread the striped bacon on the breast, cover well with aluminum foil and place on an oiled baking sheet.
Place the rest of the filling on the baking sheet and cover with foil.
After approx. 30 - 45 minutes, reduce the heat to 170 degrees, gas mark 3. The turkey needs per kg
about 30-40 minutes. Douse with a little hot water every now and then.
To check whether the turkey is done: prick the thickest part of the leg with a wooden stick:
if clear juice escapes, it is done.
- After the turkey is done, place it on a plate, keep it warm, cover again with foil
and let rest for about 30 minutes.
- Collect the juice from the baking sheet in a saucepan to make the sauce. Gravy,
Reduce the game stock by half in an open pot. Then stir in the cranberries with port wine
and let it boil down again for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve the turkey with the cut filling and the sauce.
If possible, serve the turkey on a large platter surrounded by crispy grilled potatoes
and garnished with fresh thyme and parsley sprigs.
Brussels sprouts, steamed celery or red cabbage are suitable as vegetable side dishes.
for 6 people
Here we recommend you to order the Christmas pudding, the Irish Christmas specialty! The Festive Pudding is made according to a traditional Irish recipe (including raisins, Sultanas, cherries, MAL made with cider, Irish whiskey or Guinness beer, refined with orange and lemon peel - and of course with Irish butter and without animal fats. It's already pre-cooked. It is heated in a water bath for 20 to 30 minutes or in the microwave before consumption. The plum pudding from the McLaughlin's Irish Shop grocery range is made in Ireland. It is served warm with a fine bourbon vanilla sauce.
The plum pudding was already a festive specialty in the Middle Ages. The name is slightly confusing as you usually don't find plums in plum pudding. Plums used to be the English term for dried fruit.
In many Irish families it is still a tradition today to prepare the plum pudding yourself. Every family "swears" by their own, often "secret" recipe with their favorite seasoning. When making your own Christmas pudding, it is important that the Christmas pudding is allowed to ripen in the closed container for 5 to 6 weeks before consumption, so preparation should start in mid-November at the latest.
[Bread] / [Salmon] / [Mustard]
[Beer] / [Cider] / [Whiskey]
[Plum pudding from Ireland]
- What's the phone number for Lyft headquarters
- What are Bach's most famous pieces
- What is seen as a lot of savings
- What causes herd mentality in animals
- What are the reasons for currency fluctuations
- Why do guys have engagement problems
- What are the risks of bungee jumping
- Which newspapers do you read regularly?
- Does DoorDash offer health insurance to employees
- How is the world's population growth controlled
- What is an advice for funding a startup
- Which occupation has the highest gender imbalance?
- Who were the Seljuk Turks?
- Do you collect stamps
- Can you eat too many green beans?
- What is your school lunch like?
- Which state do most US citizens come from?
- Have your wisdom teeth removed
- Has anyone experienced serendipity
- Why do American politicians care about the environment?
- How profitable are vinyl films
- Crows are bigger than ravens
- How profitable is pig farming
- What is anarchy to you
- Kissing someone else is considered a scam
- How long do immediate prostheses last
- Can love to kill you
- What foreign accent is driving you crazy?
- Does Ariana Grande have a fake tan?
- Are parks and recreation worth seeing
- Is it worth studying dentistry abroad
- Indian women like muscular men
- 812 Kbps is a good internet speed
- What is Walmart's dress code for customers