Nancy Pelosi is a good leader
Impeachment is getting closer: Democrats formulate charges against Trump
The US House of Representatives is entering the next phase of impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump. The chairman of the Congress Chamber, Democrat Nancy Pelosi (article picture), announced in Washington that charges should now be drafted against Trump. This is the prerequisite for a possible impeachment of the president to be voted on in the plenary session of the House of Representatives. The opposition Democrats have a majority in this chamber.
Trump has committed abuse of office, undermined national security and endangered the righteousness of the US elections, Pelosi said in a televised statement. "The president leaves us no choice but to act," added the Democrat.
The networks broadcast live
The President has just returned from the NATO summit in Great Britain
The actual decision in the process, however, falls in the US Senate, where Trump's Republicans are in the majority. Should a majority in the House of Representatives be for impeachment proceedings against Trump, which is considered likely, there would then be a kind of trial against the president in the Republican-controlled Senate. Given the majority there, it is unlikely that Trump will ultimately be convicted and removed from office. However, such a process would also be a stage for the election campaign - all US networks would broadcast the dates there live.
The Democrats in the House of Representatives accuse Trump of abuse of office in connection with the Ukraine affair. In a personal phone call with the Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, the President urged investigations into the son of his democratic rival Joe Biden. The Democrats have been collecting information on this for months, most recently in the House of Representatives Secret Service Committee.
Trump himself hardly misses opportunities to condemn the whole process as a "witch hunt" against him. His - relatively new - spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham said in a first reaction on the short message service Twitter that the Democrats should be ashamed.
ml / rb (dpa, afpe, afp)
- Why are Beyond Meat Burgers so expensive
- Can teachers tell if students are wrong?
- What are the best summer activities
- What are the tips in options trading
- How did the Koran come about?
- How are Noah's sons called
- What can you buy with Monero
- Does someone suffer from night sweats
- What not to do when visiting Colombia
- Will inflation hurt the economy in 2020?
- What happened to Moses' Cushitic sons
- Hunted Australian Aborigines for fun
- Do you like japanese girls
- How would you describe the South African cuisine
- Why do Russians eat everything with mayonnaise
- How is your relationship with yourself 1
- What is the idea behind the social network
- Salary employees pay taxes quarterly
- What is caste discrimination
- Why do people get old
- How true must television commercials be
- Are 105-year-old afraid of death
- Where do billionaires keep their cash?
- Mexico is part of Latin America