Are gangs a problem in Buffalo?
If a ball hits the boards, it bounces back onto the playing surface. Nobody thinks about it in particular. And yet, good and intact gangs are extremely important.
But what is actually in this gang so that the balls run back smoothly?
The answer is: the rubber band.
Band rubber is usually a product made from natural rubber. The rubber mixture is also mixed with components that extend the lifespan of the rubber band
increase and contribute to its stability and elasticity.
Perimeter rubber for pool tables
A wide variety of profiles are used for board rubbers for pool billiard tables. Here is a small overview of the most frequently used profiles.
The profile K-66 is by far the most frequently used profile in billiard table construction.
The profile K-55 is almost the same in dimensions and is also suitable for most billiard boards.
P23 is a narrow rubber band that is usually sold by the meter and is only used for small pool tables in the home.
Rubber band for carambola tablesDue to the different ball sizes and the necessary properties of the rubber band, different profiles are used for carambola tables than for pool tables. The most important are:
Profile C30 from Luxor
Profile No. 79 and 37 by Artemis. With almost the same dimensions, they can often be used alternatively.
Perimeter rubbers on Carabol tables are usually exchanged much more frequently than is necessary on pool tables. The reason for this is that the boards are the central play element in carambol tables and must therefore be one hundred percent in order. Even if the rubber still feels okay, there may already be a loss of elasticity. This is of less importance with the pool table.
Perimeter rubber for snooker tables
A so-called "L" profile is used for the boards at snooker tables. In contrast to the pool and carom profiles, this profile does not have a point towards the playing surface, but a small area. It is therefore L-shaped in cross-section.
Often used: the S22 profile from Luxor
Also often found: the L-77 profile from Northern Rubber
This rubber band for snooker tables from the English manufacturer "Northern-Rubber" is characterized by a very long service life. The playing characteristics are also outstanding.
There is one thing to consider with all rubber bands. They dry out over time, become brittle and lose their elasticity. However, it usually takes a long time until a rubber band actually has to be replaced. Carambol tables need to be replaced every 10 years. For pool and snooker tables, it is often enough to replace them every 20-30 years.
How can you check whether a rubber band is still OK?You can easily check for yourself whether a rubber band is still OK:
To do this, a bullet is shot sharply against the board either by hand or with a cue.
With this sharp push, the ball should make it about 4 lengths lengthwise on the pool table. (Fig.1)
The table size, i.e. 7.8 or 9 feet, has almost no influence, as the ball energy is mainly dissipated on the boards and not by rolling.
The rubber band test can also be carried out across the table:
Here 5 transverse strips should be covered if the rubber band is still in order.
If you do not succeed in the test, it does not necessarily mean that the rubber band has to be replaced. It could also be caused by one of the following, but they must also be resolved.
Other causes of bad gang properties:
1. The screws of the board frame have loosened, the board is not screwed tightly.
2. The rubber band has come off the bar. This happens easily when people sit down on the pool table more often. The only thing that helps here is removing the boards, re-gluing them and re-covering them.
3. The connector strip with which the cloth is attached does not hold up sufficiently, the cloth is loose on the band and therefore absorbs more impact energy.
Further articles in this series:
What should you know about the pool towel?
- What should I know before visiting Colombia
- Relationship Why do unattractive people like me
- What sura should women in Tarawih recite?
- Is the F35 the best fighter
- How can you manage the sunset with dementia
- Do you lack energy
- How is pollution increasing
- How do you outsource the recruiting
- How are tobacco companies helping the economy
- What is a porch
- Who is the youngest great grandparent of all time?
- What did you learn in school today
- What is the worst place to live
- How many animals die in animal shelters
- What are the taxes in India
- How much are garbage collectors paid
- What does your cat look like
- Is poverty necessary in a capitalist economy
- How good is my website
- Is the salary fixed during an article ship
- It is worth investing in Roth IRA
- Is vegetarian food available in Brazil
- What exactly are traditional republican values
- How much does health care cost in Costa Rica