How good are Indian military aircraft
Regional airline wants to buy 54 Embraer E2s and 54 Airbus A220s
The name was pretty immodest. Two dozen investors founded Turbo Megha Airways in 2013. However, they more modestly called their operating company Trujet. Since then, the Indian regional airline has served six ATR 72 regional destinations, mainly in the south of India. The market share is a modest 0.6 percent.
But that should change soon - at least if the new majority owner has its way. The American investment fund Interups and its boss Laxmi Prasad have owned 49 percent of the Trujet parent Turbo Megha Airways for a few days. Actually, they had already set aside 1.89 billion dollars for an investment in Air India, but Prasad now wants to put that into Trujet, he reveals to the Moneycontrol portal.
More targets, a lot more planes
The plans are ambitious. Trujet is to take on Air Asia India, Vistara and other airlines and greatly expand the network from Hyderabad. The fleet is expected to grow from seven ATR turboprops to 108 jets. And that is the latest generation of jets.
According to Prasad, Trujet is already in talks with Embraer and Airbus. It's not about playing the two manufacturers off against each other - you want to order aircraft from both, says the investor. He wants 54 Embraer E190-E2 jets and 54 Airbus A220s.
All of these new regional aircraft could be delivered within six years, Prasad said. “Embraer will deliver three planes every two months. The agreement with Airbus stipulates that one aircraft will be delivered every 1.5 months, i.e. a maximum of nine aircraft per year. So it can take about six years for the Airbus order to be delivered, but at Embraer it's faster. "
The Trujet fleet is expected to grow to 21 planes this year. This is especially important because the Indian regional airline can then also fly abroad. According to Indian law, this is only possible if the fleet includes at least 20 planes. In the past, the rule also required that an airline had to exist for five years, but this has now been relaxed.
- Why do people eat snakes
- What does it mean to have integrity
- Why do countries give help to others
- Why are London underground stations so deep
- Werent Vikings are just pirates
- Vinegar breaks down urine
- Babylonians are Sumerians and Mesopotamians the same
- How is Ramboll India doing
- What do you eat for christmas
- What is the best hubris development company
- How difficult is the ABRSM class 5 theory
- Who prepares the GATE exam?
- Is bread expensive in the Netherlands
- Why have companies come together to form monopolies?
- Does Nigeria have a prince
- High levels of prolactin can lead to depression
- In Islam, Muslims marry for love
- Can a narcissist be alone
- Do you hate your parents
- Whose government will come in Maharashtra
- What are traditional values that are immoral
- What is the H4 immigration status like
- How long will children born today live
- Where can I get a P2P loan?
- Rabbit meat actually tastes like chicken
- Why doesn't Donald Trump like globalization?
- How is the national identity created
- What is the minimum wage at Walmart
- Why do we have breakfast at 6 p.m.
- What different countries are famous for
- Are there evil spirits
- Pest control eat cats cockroaches
- Is SRM University good for girls
- Which database is the best