Life in Florida is so amazing
Greater Fort Lauderdale: In the Venice of Florida
Fort Lauderdale has changed dramatically in the past fifteen years, with new luxury resort hotels including Florida's first Ritz Carlton, Hilton Beach Resort, Conrad by Hilton and the Hotel W Fort Lauderdale. Together with many Superior Small Lodgings - cozy inns with less than 50 rooms - the feel-good character is guaranteed.
Greater Fort Lauderdale now offers sensational shopping, varied nightlife, fine dining, and soothing spa and beach resorts. In addition to the wellness programs, the city also offers culture: for example the famous Museum of Art / Fort Lauderdale. Highly decorated chefs take care of the physical well-being in the restaurants. High-profile retailers like Kate Spade and Barneys New York make for great shopping. The top address is the bustling Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District in downtown Fort Lauderdale.
The sun and the sea
Millions of visitors come to the Barrier Islands off the coast between the beaches and the Intercoastal Waterway. The Waterway runs through Port Everglades - the second largest cruise port in the world after Miami. River boats and water taxis are also on the way here. The Intracoastal Waterway and a network of picturesque canals flow through the heart of the city, connecting upscale residential areas with the shopping areas. This is the reason why the city was also named "Venice of America".
Perhaps no other place in Florida is more water-related than Greater Fort Lauderdale, where the turquoise Atlantic Ocean borders some of the cleanest and safest beaches in America (known as "Blue Wave Beaches." To the west, Greater Fort Lauderdale borders one of the most dynamic ecosystems, the Everglades, also known as the “River of Grass”.
The region's sunny, pleasant climate is ideal for enjoying life in the open air. Those who long for adventure can try parasailing, sport fishing, kayaking or deep-sea diving. Those who want to get to know the local flora and fauna can explore lush botanical gardens, go on a swamp safari, visit a nature reserve or a butterfly park.
Greater Fort Lauderdale also offers top golf courses, tennis courts and Jai Alai - a world-class greyhound and harness racing track. The Bank Atlantic Center is home to the NHL Florida Panthers hockey team.
Fort Lauderdale information
location and size
The city of Fort Lauderdale is located in the state of Florida, north of Miami, directly on the Atlantic coast. The urban area covers a size of 93 km².
- Smart people get lazy
- Which is traditional English cuisine
- Smells like a miscarriage
- How can I register online
- Which is almost inevitable
- Which countries have counties
- What is Micro Finance Section 8 Company
- What are Chinese military and defense capabilities
- Algerians have Arab ancestry
- How is the word read pronounced
- What is the case for impact investing
- Do you like country music
- How about an MBBS from Australia
- Why you shouldn't take CBD at bedtime
- You can order fresh fries from Chipotle
- Anyone in an economy can be rich
- What are the characteristics of the exports
- How popular is the Mexican cuisine in China
- How many apples grow on a tree
- Can I get through life without work
- Why is Dominican hatred black
- Which country accepts Indians more
- Koreans are great
- How is Credit Suisse doing