Who Can Get Parkinson's Disease
Drug treatment for Parkinson's disease
Basically: The risk of side effects depends on
- what medication is being taken,
- how high the dose is,
- age and possible other diseases,
- what other medications are being taken.
Dopamine agonists are generally less well tolerated than levodopa. They are more likely to cause side effects such as water retention, drowsiness, constipation, dizziness, hallucinations, and nausea. People who take dopamine agonists are more likely to stop treatment or take medication irregularly.
Possible side effects of levodopa include nausea, loss of appetite, dizziness, increased drive, and confusion. Movement disorders can also occur at high doses. Levodopa is usually well tolerated in low doses.
The elderly, in particular, can hallucinate and become confused to both drugs. There may also be impulsive, compulsive behavior such as shopping or gambling addiction, an urge to eat or even to have sex - or repetitive, aimless activities such as arranging objects.
Since Parkinson's symptoms increase in later stages of the disease, the dose of the medication is usually increased. This also leads to more side effects. Often people then take other medication to counteract the side effects or other complaints. This in turn increases the risk of interactions. Sometimes the burden of the side effects outweighs the benefits of the medication. Then it can make sense to lower the dose again or to omit certain medications instead of always taking new ones.
- What is rigid sidewalks
- Is the world racist against whites
- What is a good cell phone to buy
- Is there anything else about successful people
- Were giants really in the Bible
- What does the term salad days mean?
- What is considered a bad relationship
- New Zealand has drugs
- What facilities should a hotel require
- Why do companies have dress codes
- Why are so many employees leaving TCS
- Why do consultants charge so much
- Why are passages important
- What does Pakistan like about India?
- Will my fear ever go away
- What makes social workers flinch
- What to eat in Bangalore
- What are hot peppers made of
- Why are modern women becoming more and more aloof
- Will I ever be a millionaire
- What is the strictest elective in high school
- How does the Taobao platform make money
- Should the sharing economy be regulated
- Hiring TCS BSc students
- What is english spoken
- Has anyone experienced racism in Canada?
- Who is the richest Indian tribe
- Indian programmers are considered bad in the US
- How do I choose a Montessori school
- How do I stop imagining invisible people
- Is Tokyo a terrible place to live
- What are the best machine learning tools
- Should we ban old environmentally harmful cars
- Are carpet tiles more expensive than carpet