Is yogurt really healthy?
How healthy is yogurt really?
Yogurt is often touted in the media as a real remedy for the intestines. According to the advertising promise, it is best to buy the varieties with the extra special rotating lactic acid bacteria for an inflated price - because only those are good for digestion ...
And is that true now - is yogurt healthy?
First of all, yogurt consists of milk. And even if there has been a lot of discussion about this staple food in the past, milk has important nutrients:
• Protein - important for our muscles and a filler
• Calcium - building material for our bones and teeth
• Vitamins - including B12 for blood formation
• Omega 3 fatty acids
The beneficial bacteria in yogurt cannot tolerate heat
The ingredients from the milk can then also be found in the yogurt and there are also helpful bacteria for our digestion. Of course, they are only of use to you if you are one of those people who can tolerate dairy products well.
However, these yoghurt bacteria are only beneficial for our digestion as long as they are still alive. If the yoghurt is heated above 45 ° C, the bacteria die and can no longer help us with digestion. This means that if you heat the yoghurt while cooking or baking, for example, your body can no longer benefit from the added good bacteria.
Sugar and artificial additives in yogurt
Whole shelves full of milk and yoghurt products are offered in the supermarket refrigerated shelves ... There are now an endless number of variations. Unfortunately, not all of them are good for our health. Take a look at the list of ingredients and you will be amazed at what is added there. And by that I mean not only the often immensely high sugar content and sugar substitutes, but also natural and artificial flavorings, colorings and other hardly pronounced ingredients.
Such yoghurt and dairy products should probably be better kept on the shelf for the sweets. There is certainly nothing against indulging in such a sugary treat from time to time. But they should know that this is more of a dessert than actually a healthy, natural food. Therefore, it is better to be economical with the consumption of these yoghurt products, similar to chocolate.
Better to use natural yoghurt
The best choice would be a natural yogurt without additives with a natural fat content. Don't like natural yogurt? Then spice it up a little with fresh fruit, nuts or honey. Natural yoghurt is also delicious when cooked in a hearty way. Simply add a pinch of salt, pepper and fresh herbs and enjoy the herb yoghurt on bread or as a dip with crunchy vegetables.
You can also make yogurt yourself
By the way, making yogurt yourself is very easy and only requires 2 ingredients. You only need 1 liter of milk and a cup (150 ml) of natural yoghurt or yoghurt cultures. In addition, some heat from a yoghurt maker or oven and 8-10 hours of maturing time.
If you make the yogurt yourself, you have control over the list of ingredients. For example, you can also use lactose-free milk if you have problems digesting the milk sugar. Or you can take very fresh raw milk from the milk filling station from the farmer you trust. However, you have to boil them briefly before making the yoghurt so that no undesirable germs get into the yoghurt.
- Are Russians considered westerners
- What is real Indian cuisine
- Cheating with colleagues is normal
- What is the need of today
- Which is almost inevitable
- Can i have sex with my teacher
- Why are iPhones no longer popular
- What does a software code check cost
- Which is the best chimney
- How is your perfect love
- What time do women get horny?
- What is the cash flow
- What makes fish smell like fish
- Who is the Most Hated NFL Player
- Where are Bob Hope's adopted children now
- Why do everyone hate snouts?
- What makes kosher salt kosher
- Can you live in a coworking space?
- You can track a location on WhatsApp
- Are IIM interviews fake
- Are the Turks white
- Are the Iranians free to leave Iran?
- How long can fresh fish be refrigerated?
- How to recognize psychopathy in children