Abraham was a real person
Prophets are people who tell of an encounter with God and proclaim his messages. They exist in all religions with only one god. The first prophet was Abraham, the forefather of the Jews, Christians, Muslims and Baha'i.
Many people believe that God chose prophets to tell people important things in his place. This includes, for example, the teaching and the rules of life of a religion. When a prophet introduces a new religion with a new doctrine, he is also called a religious founder.
One of the founders of a religion, for example, was the prophet Mohammed. He brought the Koran to the people and with this message from God Islam.
Long before Mohammed had the prophet Cunt tells people about God. He brought Judaism and with it many things that also apply to Muslims, Christians, Alevis and Baha'i.
Jesus also spoke a lot about God. Christianity arose from his reports. For Christians, however, Jesus is more than a prophet, namely God's Son and thus God himself. In Islam, however, Jesus is considered a prophet. Muslims call him Isa.
Alevis also revere Abraham, Moses, Isa and Mohammed as prophets.
This also applies to Baha'i. Only for them does the youngest of all prophets play a leading role, Baha'ullah. He did not live until the 19th century and brought the Baha'i religion almost 160 years ago.
But there are also many other prophets. They admonished people, for example, if they did not obey God's commandments, if they worshiped not one but many idols, or if they did nothing to counter injustice in society. Conversely, prophets also assured people that they can rely on God's forgiveness, love and mercy if they repent of mistakes and listen to God.
The word "prophet" means "announcer" or "foretaker". That is why we sometimes use it in everyday life. For example, we call a weather professional a weather prophet when predicting a storm or a great summer. Strictly speaking, the word is out of place here.
Your questions about prophets
How does a prophet know he is a prophet?
Are there still prophets today?
What is the difference between prophets and founders of religions?
What is the difference between a professional prophet and a God-called prophet?
What is the difference between me and the prophets?
How many prophets were there in the Bible?
- How do I stop a toothache right away
- What should everyone know about breakups
- How do I stop being so morose
- What do the Italians think of Indians
- How can I come to DRDO without a degree
- The wisdom of the elders is overrated
- Why are people against CFA
- What's your iPhone wallpaper today
- Why is wheat-like skin so attractive
- What Companies Are Recruiting Fashion Designers In India
- How do I impress a Lithuanian girl
- Why are footballers paid more than doctors?
- When do friends become family?
- What is a dish
- What should we say about teachers
- Why does gallium smell like ozone?
- What does gross salary mean
- Oxford and Cambridge are public universities
- What is the best tablet to buy
- Who benefits from hyperinflation
- What do you not trust yourself with?
- Should I apply to UC schools
- Have you ever had an honest job?
- How is India's economy in the first quarter of 2016
- How can I humiliate a narcissist
- Why is Italy such a popular country
- Who uses the UK tax havens
- How often are people wrongly fired
- Is tattooing allowed in Islam
- Why should bedroom curtains match
- Germans drink a lot of smoke
- How do I learn clinical skills
- How can a man ejaculate without sex