How is the personnel requirement determined
Personnel requirement planning
The Personnel requirement planning tries to determine how many workers are needed when and where and what qualifications they must have. A distinction must be made between the quantitative and qualitative determination of personnel requirements.
The quantitative personnel requirement planning determines the number of workers required in the future and the qualitative personnel requirement planning describes what skills and knowledge these workers should have.
Goal of the personnel requirement planning: Avoid staff shortages (or surpluses) while keeping staff costs as low as possible.
The bundle of jobs
Before the quantitative and qualitative personnel requirement planning can begin, job bundles must first be drawn up. These job bundles contain job and requirement profiles.
What are job bundles used for?
- summarize similar passages
- provide important information
- are inexpensive
- are permanently available
- react flexibly to changes in tasks
To develop job bundles two analysis steps performed. First of all, an analysis of the current situation is used to determine which tasks are currently to be performed in the activities of a job bundle. Above all, the tasks that lead to significant deviations in the company's performance in the event of poor or non-performance are taken into account. Then, in the second step of the analysis, it is examined which future focus areas will determine a bundle of jobs.
Determination of the quantitative personnel requirements
First of all, the future gross personnel requirement and the future workforce must be determined in order to then be able to calculate the net personnel requirement:
Future gross personnel requirements
- Future workforce
= Net manpower requirement
The Gross manpower requirements consists of deployment and reserve requirements. The deployment requirement represents the requirement that is necessary to complete the operational tasks. With the reserve requirement, failures, e.g. due to absenteeism, are then taken into account.
The future workforce can only be estimated. On the one hand, departures are taken into account, e.g. due to natural fluctuation or retirement, and on the other hand, the foreseeable additions.
If the calculated net manpower requirements is greater than zero, then there is a need to recruit and new employees will be hired. If it is less than zero, there is a need to lay off staff and employees will be laid off.
Procedure for quantitative staffing requirements planning
- Estimation procedure
- Establishment plan procedure
- Function diagram
- Network plan technology
- Key figure procedure
- Trend method
- Correlation or regression
- Modeling or simulation
Determination of the qualitative personnel requirements
In the Determination of the qualitative personnel requirements is done in three steps:
- Determine the services that must be provided in the future
- Determine requirements that result from the services to be provided in the future
- Derive qualifications that are required to meet the requirements
Qualitative personnel requirement planning can facilitate the timely procurement of qualified personnel and the implementation of personnel development.
Method of qualitative determination of personnel requirements
Three different methods can be used to derive future requirements:
PAQ (Position Analysis Questionnaire):
The PAQ contains work elements (behavioral descriptions) which are related to specific requirements of a position. Required qualifications can be derived from these work elements in the future.
AET (ergonomic survey procedure for activity analysis):
The AET has a similar structure to the PAQ and is mainly used in the production area.
With the scenario technique, potential future situations are described, taking into account the current situation, the current development and possible disruptive events. Based on these images of the future, conclusions can be drawn about future requirements.
whatshot Most popular articles
category Also in this category
- star_border 3.00 / 5 (18 votes)
- Which are the best cheap smartphones
- How was Stonehenge built 2
- Is Apple's MacBook Air worth buying
- How does detention feel after school?
- What keeps a train on its tracks
- Which are the worst cities in India
- The government of Tamil Nadu will ban TASMAC
- What's your WHY in life
- What is a poncho donut floss
- Is Coca Cola company evil
- Ethiopian girls meet white men
- Is plumbing a good deal
- Has the world recovered from the global crisis
- What percentage of people become great-grandparents?
- When will Melania divorce Donald Trump?
- Which SNES game has the best graphics
- Dutch girls like black men
- Where can I find my breed of dog
- Nancy Pelosi will become President in 2019
- Why do we work in the HR department
- How can I outsource IT work
- How true is the existence of extraterrestrials
- Which Green Lantern could not Krypton save?
- Hiring GE freshmen