What about fish 1
Fish information center
Grilled fish and seafood
Fish and seafood bring more variety to the grill and taste to the plate
Which fish is on the grill?
In principle, all types of fish can be grilled, with firm meat and high-fat fish being particularly suitable. Here is a selection: herrings, sardines, mackerel, sprats, red mullet, swordfish, trout, salmon, eel, redfish, halibut, tuna, sea bream and sea bass. The size and type of cuts determine the grill method. Squids, prawns and scampi can also become delicious delicacies on the grill.
The small 1 x 1 of fish grilling
The same applies to all grilled fish and seafood: Your meat is particularly tender, cooks faster than sausage and steak and can easily dry out if the grilling time is too long and temperatures are too high. That is why the topmost rule of grilling is: To prepare fish, the rack must hang further above the embers than usual. It is also advisable to turn the food to be grilled regularly.
Small and medium-sized fish are particularly easy to prepare because they can be placed whole on the grill. It is only important that both the fish (scaled and gutted) and the grate are well oiled. This prevents the skin from sticking to the rust. Special grill baskets or fish tongs provide practical help for clamping the fish so that they do not disintegrate when turned.
Firmly fleshed fish fillets or steaks as well as shrimp and scampi can also be placed directly on the well-oiled grillage. And from smaller pieces of fish you can conjure up delicious skewers together with various types of vegetables, which can also be placed on the grill.
Tender delicacies - treat gently
Sensitive fillets that disintegrate easily are best stored in a closed piece of aluminum foil. With this method, you can also add some wine or fish stock to make the fish particularly juicy. Also important here: The film must be greased. If you love garlic, rub it in beforehand with a halved toe. For a more exotic pleasure, pieces of fish can also be wrapped in a banana leaf.
Grilled fish is cooked that quickly
To test whether the fish is done, you carefully poke it and push the meat apart. If it is strong white inside and no longer translucent, it can be served. The grilling time depends on the thickness of the fish or fillet. Pieces approx. 1 cm thick are cooked in 6 - 8 minutes, approx. 2 cm thick pieces take 8 - 10 minutes. Whole fish approx. 2.5 cm thick should lie on the grid for 10 minutes, if they are approx. 4 cm thick 10 - 15 minutes, 5 - 6 cm thick 15 - 20 minutes. Large prawns take 5 - 6 minutes with the shell and 3 - 4 minutes without the shell.
If you want to know more about sustainable fish purchasing, just look under fish stocks online or under aquaculture info.
- Why is anti-Welsh racism so often ignored
- Indonesians love Indian food
- What's trending in fashion
- Elsa is gay in Frozen
- What is traffic jam
- How do software companies make money
- Asian men like Puerto Rican women
- What is the best perfume for gay men
- Why is society obsessed with the family
- Is day trading allowed in Islam
- Is France attractive to foreigners
- What specific facial features are considered Slavic?
- Stainless steel rusts or tarnishes
- What is the most important technology of today
- The modern maker movement dies
- How do I organize a children's party
- How are bulldozers transported to construction sites
- Can dogs feel the feelings of their owners?
- How powerful is Germany
- What makes kosher salt kosher
- How rising taxes weaken the economy
- How can we stop corruption
- Why can't I comment. Comments are forbidden
- What is CT scan and MRI