How would you define mindful entrepreneurship
Take the lead with good communication
Guest contribution by 7Mind.
Aren't we all a bit of a leader? Whether family, sport, volunteering or a company - no matter in which area you indicate the direction, communication succeeds even in difficult situations.
Regardless of whether you are starting a family, running a company, organizing teams or working in a sports club - there are many situations in which it is important to give others a direction. But authoritarian behavior does not work either with your own children or with the team members. Instead, the secret to success is proper communication.
Whether privately or professionally, where people come together, conflicts are inevitable. And that's okay too, because they help clarify and develop together. Even in a management position, it is important to communicate respectfully, mindfully and at eye level, as well as to control one's own impulses. So good communication starts with self-management. We introduce two concepts that can help with this.
With mindfulness to a common solution
A good togetherness is of great importance for our well-being. Mindfulness can help you open up to others more easily, build stronger bonds, and solve problems more easily.
Many conflicts arise when basic needs such as appreciation, harmony and respect are not met. Some people tend to be angry and defensive in a conflict. Others withdraw fearfully or avoid the argument in advance. Both behaviors make good conflict resolution difficult. Mindfulness helps to break these automatisms and to create a space for empathy and compassion.
The following steps will help you not to lose your temper in a difficult situation:
- Listening mindfully, e.g. B. Let the other person finish speaking and put the smartphone in their pocket (and leave it there)
- Empathize with the other person, e.g. B. make eye contact again and again, don't let your gaze wander and show empathy
- Create a space between stimulus and reaction, e.g. B. take one or two deep breaths before reacting to what has been said
- Stop your own thought carousel, e.g. B. perceive that you slip into your own interpretations and lose your objective perspective
- Arrange inner and outer impulses correctlyto work out solutions together, e.g. B. reflect on your own behavior, admit mistakes and define a common goal
Successful communication, no matter in which area of life, begins with reflecting on one's own behavior. Mindfulness training and meditation can help you control emotional processes and control your actions more consciously. In addition, you become more sensitive to your own needs - and thus also to those of others. These skills are particularly important in the workplace. Because there we deal with other people and their individual needs on a daily basis.
Here you can try out whether meditation is something for you.
Basics of nonviolent communication
Nonviolent communication is a tried and tested method of finding a common solution more quickly in the event of differences of opinion. Nonviolent Communication (GFK) is based on an internationally recognized concept by Dr. Marshall B. Rosenberg. It is a form of communication that is based on clarity and empathy and strengthens interpersonal relationships.
It is not uncommon for conflict situations to escalate when both parties insist too strongly on their sole rights. Do you feel unappreciated by your boss or are you annoyed about the behavior of your colleagues? Or do you see that your team members are working against each other and just can't get the result? NVC training could help ease the situation. Instead of devaluing the concerns of other people, GFK relies on a way of recognizing different needs and finding a joint solution. The following four steps will help you find the right balance between constructive criticism and listening:
- Expressing observations instead of evaluating and interpreting them, e.g. B: I notice that you are very dismissive right now.
- Express feelings instead of assigning blame, e.g. B: To be honest, that makes me very sad.
- Explain needs instead of taking a rigid position, e.g. B: For my project it is very important to know what you think and that I get the latest information about your work.
- Formulate requests instead of demands, e.g. B. So I would like us to take ten minutes today to discuss our future collaboration.
If you follow these steps, emotionally stressful situations can be quickly resolved without hurting each other. Pierre Boisson is a certified trainer of the Association for Nonviolent Communication and has developed exercises that can be used to improve communication. With this questionnaire you will find out how you can best approach an existing conflict. This approach is essential for managers in particular in order to establish a good and productive working atmosphere.
A study by the “Institute for Mindful Leadership” (2011) showed that employees of mindful managers are not only more satisfied, but also more creative. So good communication also has an effect on the common result! And the positive effects of mindfulness can be extended not only to work, but to all forms of leadership, including lifestyle.
In the 7Mind online magazine, new articles and impulses appear every week on the topics of mindfulness and meditation. The team provides up-to-date food for thought, paired with scientifically sound facts on key areas such as success, work, happiness and relationships.
- What religion did the pilgrims flee from?
- How do you manage a creative team
- I can share my secrets with you
- How can gastritis be cured
- May husbands have stronger wives
- Can anyone use algorithmic trading
- Why do films never make me cry?
- What are the causes of economic instability
- Who suffered more Sansa or Daenerys
- Are fried eggs better than boiled eggs
- Jogging makes people look older
- What does Asian food mean for Serbs
- What is the negative impact of deforestation
- Can you see daemons in fear of night
- Why do many underage students drink
- What is Google LLC
- What is the difference between stereo and surround sound
- What is a treatment for white discharge
- Red Bull is taurine harmful
- What will happen to Venezuela
- What or who lights you up
- How can I confirm my passport application
- Why did inflation occur in the 1970s?
- Everyone faces a quarter of a life crisis